The first Church (old Parish Hall) was built in 1874.
In 1930 Fr. Joe Skelly was appointed Parish Priest of St George. He had the Presbytery, Convent and School built in 1933. This would not have been possible without the generosity of James Stanislaus Kirby, of "Cashmere West", St George. He donated the property where the school now stands, to be used exclusively for the establishment of a community of teaching nuns (Sisters of St Joseph) to benefit the children of the district. The Church (old Parish Hall) also doubled as a school as did a couple of rooms under the Convent. The school was founded by the sisters of St Joseph and officially blessed and opened on 19th February 1933, originally named St Joseph's Convent.
In 1953 a new school with high classrooms, verandas and offices for both the Principal and Secretary were opened. In the Easter of 1958, a new Church building was begun. On 3rd May 1959 St Patrick's Church was blessed
1. 2. 3.
1.Old Admin, Tuckshop & Classrooms Block 2.Old Assembly Area 3.Present Day-Year 3, 4 & 6 classrooms & toilet block (original old building)
In February 1970, Bishop Brennan blessed and opened another addition to the school block (the high classrooms). At this time, the old Church (Parish Hall) was converted into two extra classrooms.
On 2nd December 1978, Bishop Kelly, blessed and opened a new school block, the current Year 1 Classrooms.
In 1983 the school celebrated its 50th Jubilee.
Sadly the Sisters of St Joseph left St George in 1988. Our first lay Principal, Paul Burnett, was appointed in 1989.
Grade 2 - 1971
The school, as we know it today was completed, when the brick buildings (Administration, LST and Curriculum) were added and blessed by Bishop William Morris on 14th March 1993.
A refurbishment of the Administration building and Canteen was undertaken in 2007, along with a new Prep building. It was blessed by Parish Priest, Fr. Jamie Collins and opened by Mr John Borserio, Director of Toowoomba Catholic Education Office, on 7th September 2007.
In 2008 St Patrick's school celebrated its 75th Jubilee.
4th September 2012 saw a new Resource Centre and Multi-Purpose Centre constructed with funding from the Building the Education Revolution scheme. These buildings were officially opened on 4th September 2012 by the Honourable John Hogg, Senator for Queensland.
2013 saw the old Parish Hall moved from the school grounds to Parish grounds beside St Patrick's Church, to be utilised for children's Mass and Parish meetings.
These projects were funded through the efforts of the St Patrick's Parish community and the parents of students, with assistance from State and Government funding. It is nice to know that our contributions through donations at church and the school building fund are the continuation of a dream born over 92 years ago.